Cornerstone Christian Schools belongs to the Christian Athletic League to provide competitive sports opportunities for students in 5th through 8th grade. CCS views athletic competition from a Christian perspective. Our goals include:
- Teaching skills and rules of the sport in which the student is involved.
- Involving students in an activity that will nurture them spiritually, mentally, and physically.
- Developing athletes whose Christianity permeates their every word and action.
- Demonstrating and teaching Godly sportsmanship; how to win, lose, accept someone else's error, and forgive their own mistakes. To know that if you have done your very best it is a matter of attitude that determines if one is a winner in God's eyes, rather than whether the game has been won or lost.
- Involving each student so that they become an important part of the team so that they accept, depend on, teach, encourage and learn from one another.
- Developing a positive self image in each student by encouraging them, praising them, and providing situations in which they can be successful.
- Teaching students to understand and accept their individuality; that God loves us as we are, with our abilities and weaknesses.
Cornerstone fields teams in the following sports at the middle school level:
Fall: Volleyball, Flag football
Winter: Boys Basketball, Girls Basketball
Spring: Boys Soccer, Girls Soccer
Any student in good standing in the appropriate grade levels may try out for any of the teams. There is a minimal fee for each sport in which a student participates that is not included in tuition.
Check Back For...